Monday, November 22, 2004

Cancel Galera...

'Unwind trip' to Galera didn't push through because of the typhoon. It was signal #3 in Batangas. Mayette and some friends still stayed in Anilao, but the rest of us who were still in Manila decided not to go. Oh well. I was so, so ready to get a tan, to get my skin color straightened out. Argh.

Can't be idle this weekend, God forbid. So I had to think of things to do to keep my hands and my mind busy. Teehee!

Well, Tin-Tin gave birth last Thursday, so Joaquin Albert Abdon was born November 18, 2004. Matt, Alvin, Chee, and I, then Carlo and his lovely wife, Jhan, were in Alabang last night to visit the baby. He was so beautiful; he had cute eyes, a button nose, and a lovely, thick mop for hair. Little Flip ito. Yesterday was also Flip's birthday. We stayed until 2 am this morning just talking and drinking. They all kept reminding me that I was the only female left in our circle of friends who does not have a child yet. Nina has 3 already, Cheloy has 2; then Chee, Gen, Ces, and now Tin, one each. I just kept on replying, 'Ang tagal nga eh!' :P

Well, I'm not in a hurry. I mean, I'd love to have a family of my own someday, I'm sure about that, but I'm enjoying my life as it is right now. I'm just not ready yet, and there are so many things I'd like to do and experience first before I finally settle down. I know, I know. I'm not getting any younger. But, hell, so what? I have come to a realization that I want something more from this life. I want to be uninhibited and, for lack of a better word, liberated. I'm in this stage in my life that I don't really care what people think of me. I don't try to conform with the norm, and as long as I don't hurt anybody, I will continue to do things my way.

Someone once asked me, 'Isn't there something you wanted to try out without being judged?' And I answered, 'Yes.' But what was it that I wanted to try? What was it that I wanted to explore? I'm still trying to answer that question until now. It haunts me. And it makes me think.

I really, really, really need to unwind. Asap.

No comments: