Saturday, June 04, 2005

Of Straight Shifts and Teddies Part II

Straight shift: 3pm to 12mn then 12mn to 9am.

Yes, I was on straight shift again. Hay. Had to offset my absence Thursday night. Thank you, Valium, for the wonderful and dreamless sleep. Hehe.

Did this entry at 6:43 am, Saturday. Was in the office. Actually, was on petix mode because I completed my quota, and then some more, around 2 hours before my shift ends, so I used 'JM' to blog while waiting for log-out time.

Sheesh. I think I won't be eating pizza for the next couplaweeks. Was too full. Ugh. I treated my officemates to 2 18" Yellow Cab pizzas for the reason that I got promoted to QAA3! Yipeee! Hehe. It was effective March 15 but was only announced and the memo forwarded to me Wednesday.

Whew. Not bad na rin since March was just my 8th month on the job.

Aiah and Krissy, they played a nasty trick on me that Wednesday night (Aiah even posted it on her blog, btw). When I got to my station, I started opening my templates for rating when Krissy asked me if I've checked my email, I said "Not yet. Why?" Aiah then joined the fray and said I should check it ASAP and she was sort of frowning....and you know that look when something's really wrong? She was doing that (curse you! ahaha!) I wasn't really feeling well that night because of the flu (hence the absence Thursday night) and I felt really bogged down by the thought of something negative. So anyway, paranoid me checks email and then I saw the Promotions email with my name on it!

The first thing that escaped my lips ----"Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaah!' I swear. I was just so surprised na walang matinong lumabas sa bibig ko. Everybody just started laughing and I couldn't help but hug Krissy and everyone else!

It was just unexpected. My stats tagged me as a high-flyer for every past quarter but the promotion was never discussed with me, so again, sweet surprise.

Haay. And so the mystery of the salary amount thingie on my last entry has been solved. Note to meself: Read -not just check- what's in your payslip. I just checked now...my basic salary for 5/15 was higher than the previous payslip...if I just took note of that I would've had an inkling of the promotion....but then, at this point, I don't really care!

Reflection: For the first time in 2 months, I felt genuinely happy. No shit. Well, yes, it was short-lived to be very honest, but a wonderful feeling, nonetheless.

"Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaah!' Ack. What an awful reaction. Tsk.


But as Aiah said - the look on my face was priceless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! good for u! congrats! keep it up, dear! :D

mell ditangco (this is my pseudonym) said...

congratulations on your promotion! Am so happy for you!

more importantly, I am happy to read that you are happy.

:) good goin!

... beachfreak said...

@barenaked: Thanks girl! For the next promotion, I need to be really gooooooood for the next 6 months. Ack! =)

@ahia mell: Thanks thanks! They don't call me a workaholic for nothing ;) but hey, I've found out that happiness is a state of mind. will expound on that later on. hehe. ingat, ahia!

Anonymous said...

wow..good things coming your way,congratulations!

hope your mom is okey now..?

... beachfreak said...

@sachiko: Hey, hey, hey! Thanks so much, sach! Yeah, she's okay now :D

eventuallypretty said...

wow twinnie. congrats! wish i had that kind of promotion haha...

... beachfreak said...

@twinniepatty: thanks patty! unexpected surprise really =) oh well, career muna daw sabi ni Lord bago lovelife.

Ay. Ang showbiz... :lol: