Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Safely Home.

On February 24, 2009 my nephew's schoolmate and former classmate Amiel Alcantara died in a tragic car accident. During his wake, they gave out Thank You bookmarks with his picture and a short prayer from St. Therese of the Child Jesus. At the back was a poem - Safely Home. When I first read the poem I had to go to the bathroom because I had to cry so much. I kept thinking of my mom. I kept the bookmark with me because I realized how I love the poem and its meaning - for me.

I'd like to share it now. This is for everyone who has lost someone in their life. Take comfort in these verses.

SAFELY HOME

I am safely home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever
Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder why I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus' love illimined
Every dark and fearful glade.

And He came himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still
Try to look beyond earth's shadows
Pray to trust our Father's Will.

There is work still waiting for you
So you must not idly stand
Do it now, while life remaineth --
You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is all completed,
He will call you Home
Oh, the rapture of that meeting
Oh, the joy to see you come!

No comments: